The B-CARE Team provides customized training to college departments and/or groups on request. Below is a description of our basic B-CARE training and additional topics that we offer. We also are able to combine or customize a training according to your group’s needs. To request a training, please contact Jeane Erlenborn at 521-6930 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic B-CARE Training
How to Respond to Distressed, Disruptive & Dangerous Behavior: B-CARE members provide information on identifying distressed, disruptive, and dangerous behavior in students, how to intervene, and on resources available at SRJC and in the community. The information is presented in the format of lecture, case examples, group discussion, and role playing exercises.
Additional B-CARE Training Topics include:
- Front-Desk Management
- De-escalation Techniques: How to Manage Difficult People and Avoid a Crisis
- Focus on Distressed Behavior: crisis intervention, active listening, SPS referrals
- Focus on Disruptive Behaviors: setting limits, student conduct code, discipline procedures, reporting to administration
- Focus on Dangerous Behaviors: developing a department/classroom safety plan, district police supports
- Strategies for Instructing Students with Mental Health Challenges
- QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
- Kognito Online training
This suite of six online, interactive, and research-proven training simulations are designed to educate our faculty, staff, and students about best practices in supporting (1) students who struggle with psychological distress including depression and suicidal ideation, (2) LGBTQ students who are struggling due to harassment or exclusion, and (3) student veterans who are facing challenges in adjusting to college life. Each training takes 30-60 minutes to complete and is structured as a virtual practice environment where users learn by engaging in interactive role-play conversations with emotionally responsive student avatars. To access these training go to http://ccc.kognito.com/ and click on "Create a New Account".