What to Include when Reporting a Student of Concern to CIRT or Discipline
When referring a student to CIRT for consultation/follow up or to the Dean of Student Conduct for discipline, please include the following information in your email:
- Name of student involved in incident
- Name and phone number of person observing the incident
- Date, time, and location of incident
- Did incident occur during a class? List course title/section#
- Instructor (if present)
- Describe what happened
- Witnesses (if any): name, phone, student or employee?
- Describe action taken (e.g. verbal redirection in class, speaking with the student privately, referrals to SPS/DRD, calling district police, etc.)
- What other college personnel (if any) have been notified?
It is most helpful when referrals are behaviorally based and clearly describe the interventions already attempted.